It's a new taste sensation!

I love champagne...and I love chittlins. Never had the two together but someday, someday...I might just try it.
I have the feeling the mixture would taste as biting, foamy and bitter as I can sometimes be!

Monday, November 10, 2008

I got to be someone's angel today.

I was finishing up a live report today down at one of the area parks...the story? Why dog owners aren't picking up the little presents their precious pooches leave behind. Yeah. Breaking news...dogs poop!

Anyway, my photographer and I wre winding up the cables and getting ready to go home for the day, when I saw this little boy riding aimlessly on a bike.
He looked to be around 10, with long brown hair and a Yankees cap, and some of the longest lashes I've ever seen. I looked at his absolutely angelic face...and saw he was about to panic.

"Mom? Mom!" He'd call out every so often.

He rode off down the park trail, and I thought to myself, he'll find her, he'll be alright, just go home, it's been a long day...but I couldn't let it go. I went off to find him.

He circled back around and came my way. I stopped him and asked if he'd found his mother...with tears in his eyes he shook his head.
"She said she was going to the bathroom...but she's not there, I can't find her".

"Does she have a cell phone?"

We dialed her number, and immediately a hysterical voice started screaming hello. This mother was desperate to find her child.

My photog and I waited with him while she rode her bike full tilt boogie to where we were...and watched as she squeezed him tight.

This sweet little boy was autistic. And she said without us talking to him and keeping him calm, he would not have been able to cope with being lost. She called me her angel.
I just like to think someone would do the same for my child, or nephew, or someone I love someday. Pass on the love, ya know?

Then the funniest thing happened...his face lit up and he asked, " Do you know about Barack Obama?"

I laughed and said I sure do!

He gave the biggest grin and said, " He won! I knew he would. And I'm so happy". Then he rode off.

I'm happy too kid. I'm happy too.