It's a new taste sensation!

I love champagne...and I love chittlins. Never had the two together but someday, someday...I might just try it.
I have the feeling the mixture would taste as biting, foamy and bitter as I can sometimes be!

Sunday, October 26, 2008

It could happen...




God bless Anne and her family.



LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) -- An Arkansas television anchorwoman found beaten at her home this week has died in a hospital.
An official at St. Vincent Infirmary Medical Center says 26-year-old Anne Pressly died Saturday.
She was beaten around the head and was being kept sedated in a hospital. She couldn't communicate with her family or police.
She was discovered Monday morning a half-hour before she was to appear on the "Daybreak" program on ABC affiliate KATV. Her mother went to her home after she didn't answer her regular wake-up call.
Police haven't identified a suspect.



This is my parent's nightmare.

I live alone. And at 3 AM , I head to work in the pitch black for my daybreak shift.
My dad calls me every evening before bed, just to make sure I'm alright. And if mom doesn't see me on the morning show, she's calling out the cavalry.
I used to scoff at their worries, until I met my first stalker. The guy would send a dozen roses every day, EVERY DAMN DAY, to the station. He'd sometimes sit outside the gate to watch the news crews leave, and follow us in his car. He claimed I spoke to him through the tv screen.
My friends on the force decided to put this guy in check...after a particularly brutal confrontation with the boys in blue, and some time in a nuthouse, he never bothered me again.
Since then I've been the object of affection for some other crazies...and I get lots of letters from the local prison inmates. Apparently I'm very popular there. Go figure.
The investigators looking into Anne's case aren't ruling out a stalker, but say it appears to have been random, robbery may have been the motive.
Whatever the case, a young woman's life is ended, a family is devastated...and I remind myself, yet again, that I really have to be more careful. Because that could be me.

No comments: