It's a new taste sensation!

I love champagne...and I love chittlins. Never had the two together but someday, someday...I might just try it.
I have the feeling the mixture would taste as biting, foamy and bitter as I can sometimes be!

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Sitting here resting my bones...



and this loneliness won't leave me alone...

Great song. And for some reason it's been playing in my head all day.

I'm alone this thanksgiving. My family is off celebrating the holiday with dozens of our relatives thousands of miles away. I couldn't go this year because...well, just because. My life is wrapped around my work. It would have cost too much to get a flight out tonight anyway.

At first the bravado kicked in...I don't care, I'm a big girl, I don't need nobody to celebrate a holiday created on the backs of my red brothers and sisters who got slaughtered! Yep, I was soooo deep in denial.

Now I'm at work, cooling my heels, waiting for the time to pass so I can get the hell out of the noisy newsroom and go...where? Good question. My condo is dark and cold, I didn't turn the heater on today at all.
Maybe I'll just crash at mom and dad's place, they're gone anyway and they have food in the fridge.

A quick trip to Blockbuster and my favorite store, Specs, and I'll have my entertainment and delish treats and liquor for the evening.

I wish I was with my family. I think I need a hug.

1 comment:

allie.c said...

This is an amazing photo. Wishing you a beautiful day. Allie.C