It's a new taste sensation!

I love champagne...and I love chittlins. Never had the two together but someday, someday...I might just try it.
I have the feeling the mixture would taste as biting, foamy and bitter as I can sometimes be!

Saturday, November 29, 2008

I'm freaking out.


My word of the day -- STRESS.

Today is the day my nephew comes to stay with me. Full time. For at least a month or so.
I try to spend quality time with the little man when I can, but I don't have a clue what the hell 18 month olds think about. Do they even think coherently? Or is it just a big bunch of "yes, no mine, gimme", blaaahhhhhh, screaming gurgling sounds inside their tiny minds?

Here's the checklist:

Home babyproofed? Check.
Toddler gates in place? Check.
Enough pampers to wrap up a small army? Double check.
Wipes for his cute baby bottom? Check!

My older brother is laughing his head off at me right now for taking this on.
He was amazed when he came over to see me earlier --'cause I've been cooking. Think
Betty Crocker on crack, I'm going like a damn steam train and I can't slow down.
It's what I do when I feel stressed out.

So far there's caramel brownies, my little bro's favorite double chocolate layer cake, garlic mushroom spaghetti, fresh beer bread, cucumber tomato and mozarella salad, and sloppy joes. For the kid. I know he'll eat that.
Even toddlers like sloppy joes, right?
Oh God, what if he doesn't eat that?

Breathe, remember to breathe.

I love this kid more than my life. I hope he doesn't end up hating me. Or that I warp his mind with my Duran Duran or Daft Punk cd's. Time to change to something more soothing...Marvin Gaye perhaps? Or a nice restful Nat King Cole.
You know, he'd always go to sleep when I rocked him and put on some big band music. Yes, I like big band music, I know I'm freak, thank you very little.


All I know is, I have to stop stressing about this. Or his super funtime cool auntie will turn into "rushed to the ER" auntie in a minute.

I really don't see how you moms do it. I really don't. You guys rock.

No comments: